Thread: Meds
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
As far as Bram goes -the words luck and wish were said when taking all comments in all threads together that she by her own words is improving and that is where all of us want to be. I don't literally want to be in her shoes or anyone else's nor do I negate anyone's pain.. all I did was think about recent comments and was happy that she was doing better, coping better etc., for whatever reason and for that I am happy. That comment never meant that she wasn't still suffering on a daily basis, we all will suffer if the diagnosis is correct this doesn't go away and only gets worse with time.. but there might be times when it is better and by her posts it seemed at least to me (maybe I misunderstood) that she was in a better place today than she was last year and many times it was said numerous times to hang in there it gets better after the first 6 months.. gosh I am astonished that my happiness for someone who said things were better was turned to make it look like I was saying there wasn't pain or suffering.

I only wish the best for all!
Oh Tessa. I can't believe you think I 'turned' your comments to look like you meant something else. I don't twist people's words and I didn't think I was with this. Yes I'm in a better place physically than last year, but not in terms of the pain. Doing more is helping my mood and easing my pain a bit, and I do try to concentrate on the positives because it's helpful for me and I think for others too. I do find some other things more helpful than meds so i use them instead. I'm not comparing my situation with anyone's because I don't think that's relevant or helpful - I was just saying that my med situation doesn't mean we should draw conclusions. I don't know how to make it clearer

I've always appreciated your kind thoughts, as I do everybody's. We all want the best for each other, and misunderstandings like this are such a shame. We are all suffering and we can't always pick our words as carefully as maybe we would like. My response to your comments was to try to clarify my situation regarding the meds to anyone reading this thread, not a poke at you.

Renee, just a small thought as I'm not sure if I've mentioned it. I had terrible stomach problems on Neurontin and had to stop. It might be because my gastro situation is delicate because of being a coeliac, but my pain doc didn't seem hugely surprised, and said it is hard on the stomach. It's just info, I'm not saying you should quit it or that my doc knows best lol. In the end our decisions are all ours, and we take the responsibility for them, good or bad. Advice is just that, and we can ignore it if we want!

I'm tired and I'm a little down. Sorry if this hasn't come across well folks, I've spent ages trying to answer on this thread without offending, but that hasn't gone well . I appreciate your support so much though everyone, and as always I wish everyone an easier day... I'm quitting this thread now, but it's such a useful topic Renee - thank you.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!

Last edited by Brambledog; 11-13-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Picking my words carefully I hope :(