Thread: Meds
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD RENEE View Post
These drugs are given for long periods of time for chronic pain sufferers. I have checked with my drs as well as the three drs in my family. What you are saying is incorrect.
And A. i have severe stomach pains from gallstones, B. I hit low places when I'm due for more pain meds because my rsd pain flares up again and it hurts, C. the intolerable pain that puts me in these low places in the rsd, not the drugs, and it's only when my I'm due for more meds (for the most part) there are somedays when the pain is worse and thats when I take more percs and neurontin, but only when pain flares are worse because of change of weather, spread, etc., D. I am on a very lose does of a drug that is NOT normally given for short periods of time for CHRONIC pain sufferers. I have checked with all of my drs including the three drs in my family. No offense but I tend to trust someone more who has a PhD rather than one who doesn't. E. I don't agree abut there being better substances with less long term ramifications for imflammation at least not for me. The substances I am taking are helping me and I've been stable on the same doses for a year and a half now and there are no long term ramificiations from them because they are low doses per my drs opinions. I don't see the need to chance something if it works. Why fix a something that's not broken? The pain I'm in inbetween doses is the rsd pain I constantly have. The meds help calm that pain and my nerves and be able to function a little. The meds are not the reason I have that pain inbetween doses. There is a difference between the pain from withdrawl and from rsd. I have posted it another part of this thread if you'd like to look at it. And as much as I understand you are trying to help, I don't appreciate you critisizing my doctors. They have helped me immensely. Everyone is different and just because you may use something different than I do, doesn't mean it would work for me. I've tried other things that made me sick and this combo works for me. You may want to do a little more research on these drugs and their use with rsd. RSD Hope has some information on it. Thanks for trying to help, but I have to side with my drs who have more knowledge about drugs and their interactions with people who have rsd or other chronic pain conditions. They have PhD's and Doctorates for a reason.
Okay. Again just to be clear. I was NOT saying that your increased pain is from withdrawal - I know it is your RSD pain which is what the drugs are meant to treat. Maybe I am wrong but.. if your RSD is helped by taking a drug that is meant to work for 4-6 hours then even the same medication but in the longer acting formula would seem reasonable and keep you out of pain when the other doesn't get you through. It also seems logical and reasonable that taking less pills would be easier on the stomach. Since you mention RSD Hope you also should look back at it regarding the advice it gives on percocet and how it is for acute pain not chronic pain as with RSD.. since you recommended I do so. Regarding PhD's and Doctorates that is awesome but many doctors have all kinds of credentials and still can't diagnose RSD and even kill people everyday with wrong dosages of medications or not looking at the other medications someone is on so that really doesn't say much. Besides.. it was your original post that asked the question about medications so I guess you weren't really looking for input after all.

Added after posting - Also I am not saying percs aren't working for you or that you should change just that maybe the longer acting formula and one without acetaminophen might do better.. it was simply a suggestion not anything else.

Last edited by zookester; 11-13-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added for clarity