View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 01:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cgm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--I would still think it would be instructive to have a longer glucose tolerance test--four or five hours--with an initial draw for both glucose AND insulin levels and then half hour draws at least through four hours with both glucose and insulin levels being measured.

You want to see how the insulin/blood glucose relationship is reacting much more often then every hour, and when exactly the spikes are occurring--and what the insulin levels are before the spike and in response to it.
Hi Glenn,

I know how frustrated Idiopathic PN must be feeling. Wouldn't it be nice if she could wear a "continuous monitoring device" for a few days. I realize she would not get a doc to order it and the expense prohibitive but it would be a nice thing for her to try for a few days if that were feasible.

I sure hope she can get some answers. As long as her levels do not warrant further testing in her doc's opinions, she will continue being frustrated. Oh, how nice if our health issues were easier to diagnose, especially the neurological ones that do not show up on MRI's etc.

I agree with your testing procedure...... it is just a matter of getting her doc to order it which appears to be VERY doubtful.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote