View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 02:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If you can, take her to NYU - they have a concussion specialty department that was just launched in March.

She should have an MRI done. If she can get one with Diffusion Tensor Imaging that would be ideal because the effects of concussion on the brain can often be seen only on an MRI that with Diffusion Tensor Imaging.

Every head injury is different.

Is she on any medication? They had me take an anti-depressant for a few days and it made me hallucinate. It was the scariest evening of my entire life!

Later, when I told a Psychiatrist what had happened he was appalled that I had been given any drugs because apparently head injured patients tend to react differently and are much more sensitive to medications because of the brain chemistry changes that are going on due to the injury and healing process.

I am sure she's sensitive about her functioning levels which will make it difficult for her to have humor about herself for at least a while...

Be patient with her. Things will get better. But they may be a little weird in the meantime.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote