View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 03:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I sustained a concussion in an auto accident over three years ago I still have issues with tone and volume of my voice, voice and other speech related issues.

I also had trouble talking and walking for far too long after the concussion I sustained.

Some real speech therapy was ordered for me over a year after the accident I was in. (The first time I went the speech therapist treated me like a 5 year old who had a stroke, she didn't understand anything about head injuries. Also, I had a weird accent and she refused to believe that English was my first and only language - she kept saying that other people often forget their primary language after a stroke. My boyfriend almost got into an argument with her... she was an idiot.)

I sounded like I had a strange foreign accent for almost a year after the accident and it can pop in and out still... although no where near as bad as it once was.

I stuttered and slurred.

But the speech symptoms I have had are much better than they were and they seem to continue to improve over time (and with treatment - the concussion I suffered caused my pituitary gland to malfunction and they are still adjusting my hormones that I need which has been helping quite a bit.) But all the symptoms I have, including the speech ones, tend to get worse when I'm tired and I don't have the strength or stamina that I used to.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Agent007tj (11-20-2013)