View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 05:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Why you need to keep an eye on the attorney's!

I've been through the ringer, literally! Ten years I've been navigating the SSDI system, TEN YEARS! Two bouts of cancer, chronic migraine, severe cervical spine degenerative disc disease, minimal use of my arms, ect..

I'm on my third set of attorney's, the first two were a perfect blend of incompetent, and negligent, costing me years of my life, and thousands of dollars and property lost in the process.

Just this afternoon I was contacted directly by SSA, which they are not supposed to need to do, that is why I have the attorney's, they are supposed to handle all of the BS. At any rate, I received an intimidating phone call from some SSA drone named "Liz," demanding that I immediately satisfy her paperwork requirements stipulating which attorney is representing me in the case, the last one whom a recent letter had been addressed, or the new one's who had just prevailed against them in federal district court?

I'm going in for radical surgery in the next two weeks, I have no way of meeting my bills and will very likely be getting evicted to the street(alive or dead), and the attorneys haven't even taken the time to notify SSA that they now represent me, which is entirely their obligation!

This is the most important advice I can pass along to you, it emerges from TEN YEARS of SSDI experience, under no circumstance can you ever assume that your attorney has things in hand, you can never trust them, ever, period!
Direwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-21-2013), Hopeless (11-13-2013)