View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmcguire View Post
Hi Kathryn, talk to "Bridges" on here. He lives in Oregon and travels some so he may not be able to get back to you right away. He is three years post op and has had a really good result. He is also going to be active with the Tarlov Cyst Foundation.

I have an 8 mm sacral cyst and trying to get scheduled for surgery now. Have been delaying surgery for several years. Can no longer stand the depression and the pain. Got worse when I lost my job. It is really important for you to have an outside interest otherwise it is really easy to focus to much on your health and become depressed. Good luck!
Hi,
David Bridges emailed me what he has been through. I am not sure if surgery is the right time for me. I am doing more research, and not focusing on surgery at this time. Medicare does not start til March, 2014 where I would be covered for the surgery anyways. In the meantime, I am taking more of a holistic approach to this unfortunate problem. My symptoms are not so severe consistently now and hopefully do not become severe constant in the future. Unless it is absolutely necessary to have surgery, I am opting out at this time due to the unknown of scar tissue, nerve damage, etc. I hope you consider this. Is surgery the only option for you? Good luck when and if you have surgery!
Kathryn
Kathryn1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote