Thread: b12 recovery
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused b12 recovery

Hi all. :-) I have just joined this forum because I have had numbness in the back of my heels ever since a long walk this spring resulted in very sore achilles tendons. I began to have tingling and tenderness in my feet and couldn't stand for long because the pressure made my soles hurt and burn. I have had mild pressure soreness in my feet for a long time. I couldn't sleep on my back for years because my heels would hurt from the pressure against the matress. I have been searching the internet to help myself for months. I self-diagnosed a b12 deficiency in myself and got tested. My blood level was at 199, so I talked the dr. into starting me on cyanocobalamin shots. I got them every week for a month and now am on one every two weeks. At first I felt great! Many symptoms went away, including inumerable symptoms not mentioned here. I can sleep on my back, and many foot problems have diminished. However, I am now having other things going on, and I wonder if this is just part of healing. The dr. doesn't really know and sorta belittles the whole thing. I hope someone here has had similar things happen during healing. I have "pins and needles" in my feet daily, and also in my legs. I even get them where I never had it before. This seems to be worsened when I am on my feet a lot. I get some "pins and needles" in my back and arms though this is occasional. The numbness at the back of my heels has not gone away, but the pressure soreness has almost gone. When the symptoms were bad, a dr. in emergency said I had spinal stenosis, but a ct scan tested negative (whew). My dr. is sure I have plantar faciitis, but I don't think that's the problem, so....
I am currently taking sublingual b12 once a day with folate, and cyanocobalamin 2X per month.
I'm sorry this is such a long post, but I wanted to include as much as possible. I am really searching for help in handling this issue properly and could really use some support, and would love to talk to someone else whose been down this road. Thanks for 'listening' . :-)
johannav is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote