View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 09:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Oh patience!

You are so kind to be helping her out.

If you can avoid being outside in all the confusion etc. then do so for now.

Early on, when my husband drove me to appointments, I covered my eyes so I would not see the traffic or any of it because it was too visually stimulating. That might help her if you must travel. Even drving in the car made me dizzy sometimes and your girlfriend might feel dizzy too.

She needs brain rest, so limit screens and TV, texting, computers, all of that.

There are helpful stickies here with good info. too.

It can be really strange and stressful taking care of someone with a brain injury so take care of yourself too.

Keep asking questions if you have them and updates are great too. This a very helpful places.

Take care

pm

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote