View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi there. Welcome.

My husband was diagnosed with Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy over 20 years ago. His emg and nerve conduction tests indicated it was small fiber. He burns (his feet). And he has no feeling whatsoever in his feet. They never found out why. They tested everything. He thinks it's from spinal stenosis, he went to several back doctors and no one would say (even after MRI's), that yes indeed, your neuropathy is from your back.

He tried all the meds, lyrica, Neurontin, etc, that docs prescribe for neuropathy. In his case they made him ill. The only drug that took away the neuropathy burning was elavil but it made him so itchy he had to stop. The only drug that did the trick was the Fentanyl pain patch but eventually he had to be weaned off of that because he kept needing a higher dose. That was 10 years ago. But it really did do the trick. But he never went to the bathroom. These meds do have their side effects.

Everyone suspects that it's auto-immune related. He has awful psoriasis also.

What can one do? One can be married to me, and laugh your head off and that sometimes relieves some of the symtoms. I also give him massages that help a GREAT deal with the burning in his feet.

So my dear, I do feel for you. And from reading what others have posted here, getting support from family members seems to be hard at times.

Just know that we know what you are dealing with. You will find new friends here. Keep posting.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CeCe55 (11-14-2013)