View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterMyNap View Post
No worries, Sal, I'm just as confused as ever.
So....here's my NEW plan.

I'm going to stay on Copaxone for another few weeks (aiming for different injection areas of course) and then, after Memorial Day holiday, will talk to my neurologist about saying goodbye to the meds for a while.

I've been progression free for most of my MS experience (six years). Is that due to the meds? Is it the 'normal' progression of my MS? No one can really say with any certainty.

For that reason, I'm feeling like it's time - for now - to take a pass on disfiguring my body with Copaxone injections. I'm also choosing not to return to interferons and elevated ALT and ASTs. I don't want to harm my liver again.

I'm going to wait. It's just not okay any more for me to endure damage to my body to maybe prevent...damage to my body.

I'm on the verge of choosing to wait until the next drug becomes available. Wait until there's a pill to take. How long is that? 2 years maybe? Wait until I get a little worse, perhaps? Maybe when Shared Solutions experiences a revenue drop they'll pick up the pace a little bit.
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote