View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 05:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Need brain healing advice (85% and counting)

Hi,
Back just short of 3 years ago I crashed while downhill skiing. What was obvious when I crashed was that I separated my shoulder. What was not so obvious was I had suffered a concussion. I was too focused on my collar bone protruding upward and the inability to move my right arm. It wasn't until 6 weeks following I found myself forgetting people's names at work. Concerned? Oh yeah, at 50 YO there can be big problems that cause this to occur. Researching my problem I quickly found PCS whose symptoms I had top-to-bottom. I probably should have had a CT but decided to live off of religious note taking to compensate for my loss of short and long-term memory. I braved the next few months and now almost 3 years later feel as though I am performing at about 85%. How can I get the last 15%? I do mental gymnastics; from taking courses to doing crosswords. I am taking choline, DHA and uredines which is [almost] proven to increase dendritic connections on the neurons improving memory and recall. I also take a multi, b-complex, D3, etc. I could exercise more. My diet is pretty good eating all the "right' foods.
One thing though besides the memory is I kind of lack my old get-up-and-go; it went. I want it back. I think the brain is the problem.
When I crashed, I fell on my right shoulder. The shoulder blew out and I really smacked the right side of my head off the ice. I mean it made a nasty crack sound. My wife clearly heard it 100 feet away. She said I did not get right up. I think I suffered a flash knockout. (I was not wearing a helmet. Tough lesson the hard way.)
Does anyone have suggestions/advice how to regain that last 15%? - And get back my get-up-and-go?
Thanks
jackrussell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote