View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Interesting

I suffered a concussion 3 years ago but oddly it is my wife of whom I think when reading your post.
She did suffer a fall many years ago she tells me; a bad one. Maybe that plays a part in this story. Now she, like your daughter, is aggravated by lights & noises. Sometimes she is more sensitive than other times causing headaches. Though a lot less than your daughter. It affects sleep and other things in her life. She cannot have the slightest light on when going to be. Like we have black out shades on the windows. She actually wears one of those Lone Ranger masks.
Just recently her Dr put her on an antidepressant. She is not at all a depressed person. What it is, is that what could be considered a side effect of this class of drugs is that it "calms down" that/those parts of the brain that are aggravated by external stimuli. Research is also finding that some people with fibromyalgia are benefiting from this (go figure). Not that any of these people are depressed. It just seems that their brains over-interpret external signals.
The wife was real reluctant to take the drug. She did not like the stigma that came with it. But 3 months out now and she's no longer thinks that.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote