View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Paula,

I disagree with your doctor about continuing the metronidazole. However I am concerned about the extraction site of the tooth that was recently removed. If the bone is infected then you need an antibiotic. So of course a different one should be prescribed to you.

Can you call the dentist that did the extraction and tell him you had a negative reaction to the antibiotic and would like a different one prescribed? I think that may be wiser than to wait it out for a few weeks until you see the oral surgeon.

What do you think?
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula K View Post
Hi Brianna,
Thankyou so much for your reply to my message. I have just returned from my doctor and I explained about my throat problems . He seems to think they are just a sensitivity to side effects of metronidazole but I am with you on this. He urged me to complete the course but I am just too scared to.I agree any medicine that causes the throat to swell is a no no .
I did however ask him to book me a private appointment with an oral surgeon which he was happy to do ,so I will see him or her in the next couple of weeks . I thought he/she could give me a second opinion on my jaw bone infection and could ,
when I am better remove my root canalled front tooth.
I am so terrified of this happening to me again,that I hope correct removal of the front tooth will at least give me a chance to get rid of it with as little pain and infection as possible.
Thankyou so much for your advice Bryanna I really appreciate it.
Kind regards, Paula K
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote