View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 12:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Loved it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Migraine View Post
ALJ hearing: 2005

My hearing was 3 years from my initial filing.
Hired an attorney just for the hearing.
Hearing held in an abandoned Home Depot building
Hearing lasted approximately 2 hours.
I went to the hearing professionally dressed (power suit) as if I was going to work, looking like I was in perfect health! I thought we would be in a real court room.
It was obvious the judge had reviewed my case the night before as he flipped through the pages he wanted - he had tabbed them.
Had 2 witnesses who were interviewed by the judge separately w/o me there. I had to leave the lumber section to sit at the far end of the abandoned store - plant section.
Judge asked me a few questions relating to my job & my disability. Judge asked my attorney only ONE question during the whole 2 hours.
Vocational "expert" sat in. Every question the judge asked him, the answer was always "no."
Court reporter typing away!!!!
One bathroom break.

30 days later, received my final approval letter. Same week as I was "trying" to balance my check book by calling my bank, I realized I had hit the jackpot the week before & didn't even realize it!
Me -->
Thanks so much. I really LOVED your little video. I come back to your post just to watch it over and over. It is too cute.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mz Migraine (11-18-2013)