View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 01:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Dear Ohaya,

It is amazing what one can learn from reading posts on NT. I have suffered with back pain of various degress for many years. MRI showed lumbar disc problems at one point in time. Currently have thoracic disc problems.

Recently had a bad bout of back pain for about 2 months of which 2 weeks were crippling and severe pain. No idea why. Since my 2 month episode, my back pain is back to its everyday level.

I accidentally discovered by reading my medical records that I have a cyst on top of one of my kidneys. Had no idea. No one ever mentioned it to me. Guess they thought it was of no concern.

Having read your post, I am wondering if there is any relationship between my back pain and my renal cyst.

I guess I will inquire at my next appointment. If I learn anything that may be of any value to you, I will let you know. Until then, thanks for your posts. I would have never considered any connection since no one bothered to mention the cyst to me. I just assume it is as innocuous as if it does not even exist.

Hi,

Going back through my MRI reports, mostly lumbar spine ones, every report has mentioned the renal cysts.

I noticed that in almost all the reports, they say that these are "usually" asymptomatic, and that's been the same thing every doctor (except for the IR doctor and my current urologist) has told me when I asked.

As I said, I'm still doubtful, but I've come to the conclusion that, unfortunately, the only way that I'll know for sure (and possibly the only way to get some relief from the lower left back pain) is going to be to get the ablation.

Good luck with your situation!!
ohaya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote