View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 01:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello, mtgoats!

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter There seems to be a trend with teenage girls, like yours and mine. It's SO hard to watch them in such pain

I can't give medical advice because I'm not a doctor, but I can certainly share my experience and what I think I would do in your situation. I took a quick look at the Calmare site, but I don't see the "Calmare certified" mark by the Montana site, so I'm not sure which one you're talking about. Personally, if at all possible, I would recommend going to NJ. The dr and staff are wonderful, and they are specializing in RSD/CRPS. The stakes are so high that we decided to do whatever had to be done to get our daughter there, because our research showed that he had by far the most experience with RSD, and hers had spread body-wide. He won't charge you for the first few treatments if it doesn't work, either.

My daughter has had to have 2 booster treatments. There are 2 places in AZ, and first we tried the one that was farther away because it was certified, and it worked really well. The next time she came out of remission, we decided to try the closer one, which was NOT certified, and it actually made her worse, so we had to go back to the other one.

If you decide to go to NJ, they can tell you about which hotels to stay at (we helped negotiate a good rate at one hotel that has a kitchen area, which was great for saving money on food).

Best wishes and prayers for your daughter, and please let us know whatever you decide to do. It's helpful to share information with others. And please feel free to join in the other threads, because it's really helpful to talk to people that understand! No treatment works for everyone, but it sure worked for us, and I've heard it works for many.
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote