View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 07:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default continuing infection feel bad today

Hi Bryanna,
Thankyou for your kindness and interest I really appreciate it . I agree I do feel I have an infection and it needs to be treated. I returned to my dentist on Thursday to tell him about my throat reaction and he said I must see my doctor to diagnose what was wrong with my throat so I went to see the G P the next day and his advice was , as I said finish the medicine, but I am just too scared to. I have had an anaphylactic reaction to pennicillen many years ago and with this reaction to metronidazole I am scared to continue it.
My problem now is my pain in the jaw and socket continues and I feel systemically ill,headache,dizziness, sweating and hot particularly at night . I was going to wait and see another G P on Monday but I feel I shouldn't neglect this until then .My feeling is that the GP was hesitant to interfere with the dentists prescription because he felt it must be best for my particular bug, and had been prescribed for that reason.
My choices now are th GP or emergency dentist. I got the feeling (could be wrong ) that my dentist is limited in the types of antibiotic he is allowed to prescribe . Is that correct Bryanna? It's just the impression he gave me when he spoke to me when I spoke to him.
Thanks once again for your input Bryanna.It is at least a relief to understand about how and why root canals really fail. Last time I had this experience with an abscessed root canal I was told "some people have this , it's just a bone infection " as though it were no more serious than a cold. Yeah right ! Anecdotally of all my friends I know who had a root canal ,all of them ended with infection and loss of the root canalled tooth.
I will let you know how things go Bryanna.
Kind regards Paula.
Paula K is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote