View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 07:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bostonfern

None of here can say for certain because we're not docs and we don't know enough about you as a person, but I'll happily give you my completely non-expert opinion lol

It doesn't sound like CRPS from what you say. There are many different types of nerve damage and tissue trauma that could cause your symptoms. That doesn't mean it couldn't be CRPS, but I would think it unlikely unless you start having other symptoms as well. Loss of range of motion is certainly something CRPS can cause, but equally there are other more likely causes.

Is your pain constant or associated with certain actions?
Have you noticed any odd visual changes on your skin?
Does your skin feel very hot or cold at times? Any clamminess or sweating?
Do you have swelling?
How would you describe your pain? Aching, stabbing, burning, etc.

Sorry for the grilling! I know how awful it is when you know something is wrong and have to wait for any answers... Of course you want to try to figure it out, but just be aware that it's really easy to go down the wrong path when researching it yourself, and frighten yourself silly. It's also not uncommon to start feeling symptoms that you've read about - its a physiological thing (your body and mind reacting to it) and not deliberate or nutty , but you can end up in much more stress and panic about the possibilities. And stress is not a good thing for our bodies....

There's obviously something wrong, and from what you said, your quite right to think it might be nerve related. But if you can bear it, I would really try to wait and see what your doc says. In the meantime, to give you something to focus on, start keeping a daily diary of your pain and symptoms. Record your pain level out of 10 three times a day, and describe any pain you get alongside. This information will be massively useful to your doctor in trying to figure out what's wrong - most docs are well impressed if you turn up with this kind of record!

Please let us know how you get on, and I hope you have a better day today. Try to keep your limb gently moving and not to keep it still for too long - inactivity can be one of the triggers of CRPS, and with nerve pain it's not a bad plan to keep things moving...

Take care,

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moosey2me (11-17-2013)