Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Lightbulb fever & flu-like symptoms

Ginnie and Adamo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Take care of the fever first. I don't exactly know what is causing that. I didn't know klonopin could do that.
I know what you are saying. It seems unlikely as a true physical withdrawal symptom, but with a psychosomatic component in play it could be part of the picture; I've seen some reports of "flu-like symptoms" during benzo suspension on the net so clearly the experience is not unique.

I have not, however, seen these symptoms listed in what I consider reputable sources such as the Ashton manual.

Wikipedia lists "flu-like symptoms" but their reference is an article on the use of flumazenil during withdrawal... I cannot access the full text, but the abstract makes no mention of flu-like symptoms. I can't help thinking the person who added the "flu-like symptoms" to the Wiki entry either did not have a solid reference and tried to be crafty, or was genuinely confused about what flumazenil does, because of the name.

In any event, the presence of a fever always warrants investigation as it may signal an infection. A high fever should never be left uncontrolled.

waves

Last edited by waves; 11-16-2013 at 11:01 AM.
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-16-2013)