View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Correlation ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaya View Post
Hi,

Going back through my MRI reports, mostly lumbar spine ones, every report has mentioned the renal cysts.

I noticed that in almost all the reports, they say that these are "usually" asymptomatic, and that's been the same thing every doctor (except for the IR doctor and my current urologist) has told me when I asked.

As I said, I'm still doubtful, but I've come to the conclusion that, unfortunately, the only way that I'll know for sure (and possibly the only way to get some relief from the lower left back pain) is going to be to get the ablation.

Good luck with your situation!!
I am fortunate in that my back pain usually stays at a tolerable level. It does impede my abilities and functions and creates limitations for me but the "pain" or ache usually stays around a 4 or 5. I guess ignorance really is bliss in some cases as I would never have known about my renal cyst if I had not reviewed my medical records myself. I will ask about it but am not really concerned. There may be no correlation and it may be asymptomatic as you mentioned.

YOURS, however, seems to NEED investigation. Since your symptoms changed after the procedure and then returned when the cyst began filling again with fluid, I too would want to know. I hope that you find the defnitive source of your back pain and can get the proper resolution to it.

Wishing you the best. Thanks for your response. Keep us posted.

PS. Mine may just be poor muscles that ache if they have to perform even the slightest task, like sitting.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote