View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccb View Post
First, I hope you have had success if you went through with the surgery.I am interested in talking with someone who has actually had this surgery. Would you recommend, how are you doing now?

I am having trouble getting a doctor to do help me. Have seen 2 neurosurgeons in St. Louis area. One said, good luck I am not the doc for you, you need a REAL SPECIALST, good luck finding someone here in MO that will touch you!! The other said to come back in 6 months to see if my symptoms progress. *** Both are willing to say its spinal cord herniation, but neither will touch me. It shows clearly on MRI and myleogram so why not fix it before it gets worse!!!

Have contacted Mayo clinic today, for a third opinion. Waiting for call back.

I have been battling severe lower back pain for about a year now. I am 38 with 2 kids and was in great shape until this last year. There are some days I can hardly walk the pain is so bad. Been to the ER in tears begging to be admitted and they shoved me out the door with pain meds, they didnt even touch my pain. Did weeks of physical therapy, no help. Did steroid injections, no help. Tons of meds, no help. I just want to be fixed!!!!! I am too young not to be able to walk.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

I am in St. Louis and just received my MRI results. Starting in square one… I would love to understand personal experience with the local neuro docs. Have a consult next week with a doc that has repaired 4 cord herniations. 4.---to say I am very concerned would be an understatement.
dltipton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote