View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noland View Post
My primary care physician thinks that I am nuts and I am starting to think the same. He wants to put me on anxiety meds. I honestly don't feel Very anxious. All of my lab and blood work has come back negative.

Could these new symptoms be concussion related?
Would my MRI last year that ruled out bleeding , detect other brain related issues if they were present?
I was not tested for Lyme disease but probably should be.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks,

Nolan
The symptoms could be concussion related, there could be some clotting, mini-stroke, it could be any number of things. I suggest a referral to a neurologist, a MRI a year ago doesn't mean there isn't something else going on now. Do it now rather than waiting.

If you do lose consciousness (likely given your description of your symptoms) you could hit your head again causing further injury.
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote