View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 01:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default red flags

Hello

Glad she made it to the appt and back. Yes, all of that is absolutely exhausting. And getting out to appts. might make her tired for a few days afterward.

As for red flags, I recall my doctor saying that if I had a very bad headache, like one I've never ever felt before to go in ASAP. But that was just after the concussion so I don't know if that helps or not.

Your girlfriend will just need lots and lots of rest and a low stimulation life for a while. The brain is a slow healing organ.

I don't know about other red flags you will want to look out for. You seem to have a good understanding of this so far, and it's important to take care of yourself too.

Other people will weigh in.

Thanks for the update.

Sincerely,

pm

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote