View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 03:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've had chronic back pain since 1986 L3-L4-L5 and because of the way I walk after my paralyses I have destroyed the disc in my hip.
I've been through most pain meds, every shot, injection and needle therapy available. I've had a PRP platelet injection in my hip which seem to help, hopefully will grow a new disc. Second is scheduled for Dec.
I had my first Core P-Stim installed on Tuesday Nov.3. No pain with the application just a slight pinching. 2 pins were inside my ear and 1 on the upper rim. They used a small pencil like device to determine the best connections.
With in 6 hours ALL of my stabbing, burning sharp pain was gone. I still have soreness and a little ache.
Currently I'm taking Oxy, Fentanyl Lollipops, Valium, Lunesta, Lidoderm Patches and various anti-inflammatories. I can't stand the felling of being drugged when awake so I mostly only take them at night. I wanted day time relief and a clear mind.
First night I only took 2 Ibuprofen. Slept like a baby. Had to learn not to turn on my right side, I would feel pressure from the pins..
The P-Stim gave off a mind tapping feeling when it turned on but I didn't notice after a few minutes.
The batteries lasted until Sunday Nov. 10 when I removed the P-Stim.
I was in no real pain and took only Ibuprofen until Friday when I took care of my grandson. After 10 hours of interacting with a needy 4 year old most of my pain return. Could barely straighten up, stabbing pain in my hip, sharp burning knife in my lower spine. I took pain meds last night so I could sleep. Still in some pain today but not like pre-P-Stim.
I will get my second one in 2 weeks and will see how long the effect last.
I would say that this first one was an amazing success. There are no words to express how wonderful it was to have no pain for 9 days without drugs after 25 years.
NO headache or nausea.
I was searching, looking for comments about how long term the effect is. Not much information on the internet and most of the people on this forum have had negative experiences. I consider mine very positive. Especially if eventually I can get months of relief.
Gram47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (04-22-2014)