View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 10:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good thoughts, MrsD.

I was using a dosage of the Methyl B-12 based on some NIH research. And yes it was 45,000 mcg a day. It didn't hurt me, and that was the dosage based on weight that relates to the NIH study on rats. If I were a BIG RAT that would be the right amount. But the neuropathy has to be the same that the rats had, I it still isn't clear what my neuropathy is.

I still have many bottles, so can go to one a day easily!

I've taken Co-Q-10 for years, probably at least 14. Right now I take 100 mg a day.

I took acetyl Carnitine daily until recently, when a Harvard article linked Carnitine to heart disease. New study links L-carnitine in red meat to heart disease - Harvard ..http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/n...e-201304176083

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Car...hProfessional/ A 2013 study that included both rodents and 2,595 humans undergoing elective cardiac evaluation found that L-carnitine is metabolized by intestinal microbiotia to trimethylamine-N-oxide (TMAO), a proatherogenic substance that is associated with cardiovascular disease risk [24].

Since I have severe CAD, my LAD was 95% blocked, I think I'll pass on the acetyl carnitine.

I can add the Benfotiamine, as it is well researched and discussed on several NIH sites, as well. THANKS!

en bloc, It's interesting about the Sjogren's and PN. It's just that I did NOT notice the PN as it developed. I was being tested for headaches by a Neurologist when he watched me walked and saw my PN. I was falling and couldn't ride my new bike, but did NOT KNOW it was my feet and legs. The PN by then was profound. But it has not changed one bit in 3.5 years. It is just odd to me.

Also I have never tested positive for Sjogren's. My neurologist said last week that the fact that I am also Immune Deficient may be the reason why I don't test positive even tho' I do have autoimmune conditions. About 25% or more of people with my type of Immune Deficiency have autoimmune conditions as well.

Ah, Wide-O, I'm not an alcoholic, but I am a compulsive overeater and I'm in OA. I know PN comes from alcohol consumption and a host of toxins, as well as diabetes, and some genetic conditions. My guess is still either the Macrobid or my autoimmune condition(s).

Today I'm dealing with the beginning of a 'reaction' to the new IgG product infused on Thursday. I was allergic to the first product,I started in August, and am trying a second. It's not looking good for that one either.

My body is NOT cooperating with me in any way these days! But I must be kind and loving towards myself and my body. It is 'me' and has taken me far on this journey.

Hugs, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote