View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 10:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default update...

what a battle this is...

i sought a 2nd opinion from a neurologist at Kaiser Permanente in Denver...

the first neurologist is 1 year out of residency, therefore, only 1 year of practice...he told me that since i did not lose consciousness, it is not possible to have a brain injury...his diagnosis is somatization disorder...basically, all my symptoms are psychosomatic...

2 days ago, i saw another neuro at Kaiser with 23 years experience...she said no way the symptoms i am having could be a brain injury (naseau, cognitive problems, tinnitus, on and on)...

she also told me there are no foods or supplements that she will recommend to heal my brain...that is not my problem...

i would agree my injury is uncommon...but my symptoms and my debilitation happened instantly upon receiving the final chiropractic adjustment...it send me to the canvas hard...she said there is no way that is possible...she would not allow me to show her what the chiro did, she was not interested in seeing it...

she verified for the millionth time, that Kaiser Permanente does not have anyone that specializes in brain injuries, but that it did not matter since that is not my problem...

she referred me to a psychiatrist for an appointment tomorrow...i am hoping to find some meds that will help me get thru the day...each day is so very difficult...a lot of anxiety, anger, depression and frustration...almost all of this is my frustration with an improper diagnosis, therefore, almost ZERO real care for a brain injury...it is like i am living a very bad dream...like drowning and no one can hear the screams...

she did however, provide a referral to National Jewish here in Denver to a neuropsychologist for testing, but most likely that will not be for 6-8 weeks...but at least it is a start...

to reiterate, i have had 3 highly trained, highly specialized, highly experienced medical professionals outside of Kaiser send to me, in writing, that i suffered a series of increasingly significant brain stem concussions over 15-18 months via the chiropractic adjustments done to my upper cervical vertabrae using the Blair Technique...

i am broke and desperately seeking the proper diagnosis so i can get the proper care needed, but i believe it is time to cast aside Kaiser Permanente and figure out how to pay for the much needed assesments and treatments to move me towards recovery...my zero balance on my only credit card is about to go away for a while...

if anyone has any experience within Kaiser Permanente in Denver, your comments would be appreciated...

if anyone knows of experienced, compassionate and knowledgeable medical professionals in the Denver area that can help, i would be very grateful...

Brainstemmed

52 year old with 25+ years of problems associated with Fibromyalgia...

What happened:

while seeking relief from the scourge of fibro, i rec'd 12-15 increasingly significant concussions to my brain stem from a risky chiropractic adjustment. Last one on May 10, 2013...at 11:45 AM that day, my life changed instantly.

Symptoms:
cognitive dysfunction, sleep disruption, highly emotional, easily overwhelmed & overloaded, unrelenting tinnitus, memory loss, facial masking, difficulty with speech, trouble finding words, headache, widespread Fibro pain mostly in my neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees...

unable to: drive or ride in a moving vehicle for any length of time, watch TV or movie, read books, tolerate more than one soft conversation at a time.

i am hyper sensitive to light, noise, motion and crave dark, quiet and very, very slow...

Current Meds:

10 mg Ritalin,
450 mg Lyrica
5 mg prednisone (aka poison)
amatryptaline
5 mg melatonin
plus daily vitamin & supplement regimen: B, D, Fish Oil, plus a lot of brain food: nuts, berries, fish, etc,..

legal, MM approved by ALL my docs for 2 very limited purposes.(not recommended for all, be cautious)
2 mg Valium as needed
Tramadol as needed
Percocet as needed
lidocaine patches (yea!)
Outpatient Infusion for migraine cocktail once per week as needed
Brainstemmed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote