View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default facial masking or what???

i have an increasing problem with my facial muscles while talking...

it is such a strain for me to have any conversation, or to even think, that my face is contorted, much like facial masking...

think of someone looking completely dumbfounded after a big bite of a lemon...kind of a like an over exxagerated "eeeewwwweee"

it is with me all the time...

as with all my symptoms, it is worse when i get cold or anxious or angry or tired or overloaded...all of which happen very easily...

i also get a lot of stiffness in my forearms and contort my wrists to give comfort and this happens naturally without me realizing that i am doing it...both problems - with my face and stretching of my forearms - seem to get worse at the same time...

i am not interested in going out into public...a person very close to me told me it is difficult to talk to me as it is very distracting to them...

i do not talk the same since my injury...my voice is very slow, smokey and raspy, struggling to complete a sentence and i never look anyone while talking to them, the movements are too distracting......i prefer to whisper any time i can...i do not talk with a TV on or any other noise in the room or any other distraction at all...i avoid any conversation at all since it is ridiculously embarrassing...

any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated...

Brainstemmed

52 year old with 25+ years of problems associated with Fibromyalgia...

What happened:

while seeking relief from the scourge of fibro, i rec'd 12-15 increasingly significant concussions to my brain stem from a risky chiropractic adjustment. Last one on May 10, 2013...at 11:45 AM that day, my life changed instantly.

Symptoms:
cognitive dysfunction, sleep disruption, highly emotional, easily overwhelmed & overloaded, unrelenting tinnitus, memory loss, facial masking, difficulty with speech, trouble finding words, headache, widespread Fibro pain mostly in my neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees...

unable to: drive or ride in a moving vehicle for any length of time, watch TV or movie, read books, tolerate more than one soft conversation at a time.

i am hyper sensitive to light, noise, motion and crave dark, quiet and very, very slow...

Current Meds:

10 mg Ritalin,
450 mg Lyrica
5 mg prednisone (aka poison)
amatryptaline
5 mg melatonin
plus daily vitamin & supplement regimen: B, D, Fish Oil, plus a lot of brain food: nuts, berries, fish, etc,..

legal, MM approved by ALL my docs for 2 very limited purposes.(not recommended for all, be cautious)
2 mg Valium as needed
Tramadol as needed
Percocet as needed
lidocaine patches (yea!)
Outpatient Infusion for migraine cocktail once per week as needed
Brainstemmed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote