View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

That is quite a list. I hate to bring this up then, but you need magnesium too. The acid blocker blocks mag absorption, and
the diuretic depletes magnesium.

Best for you with all those medications would be the lotion/topical type of magnesium. Morton's is inexpensive and available at WalMart and newly at Walgreen's and also on Amazon. Morton's Epsom Lotion. I would apply it where you
get the leg cramps, and also on your inner arms for absorption into the blood.

Get too low in magnesium and you could have a cardiac event.
This may help your pain levels too, because magnesium is a NMDA pain receptor antagonist. Low magnesium also causes muscle cramping.

Magnesium, B12 and Vit D are the big 3 simple solutions to the most common problems people face today. Up to 70% of people in the US are low in mag. Vit D is approaching 70% now. And B12 is about 40%.
So I do think you would benefit from magnesium considering the drugs you use today.

Labs differ in the calibration for B12 measurement. Yours stopped at 1500, but the lab at my hospital went to 1999... which is where I tested for 3 mons of 5mg methylB12 Puritan's brand. Typically labs don't go over 2000 from what I have seen posted on the net.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote