View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 01:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Dr. Graveline MD quoted on this link, is a former Astronaut and MD
That's his book I'm reading. I thought both of those qualifications might make him a rather science based source, so that's what I picked. After a few pages, my mouth fell open and decided to stay that way...

Quote:
Did you watch the 8 minute video link I put up?
Not yet. I will though. I wasn't really interested in statins because I just refused to take them.*

I just didn't know they were that bad.

* actually, when I was in rehab, after my first blood check, I suddenly had a couple of more pills to take. Without consulting with me, the resident doc had proscribed Zocor (simvastatin) . As much as I had other stuff on my mind (ahem**), I made quite a big thing about that, as I already knew that it could worsen my PN. The head psych agreed with me, and they promised to never ever give medication to their patients again without consulting with them first.

**When you are in your third day of detox, the last thing you want to worry about is bad medication being foisted upon you. I really wasn't happy with that, but decided to not let it steer me off course. It does show how vulnerable you can be in such a situation though.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote