View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 04:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymommie View Post
The gluten free diet is still going. I have considered tossing many times but each time something or some one puts me back on track. We have changed everything about what we buy and where we buy it. I have to say that as a whole we are eating much healthier, I have lost 15 lbs in the last month and a half which is a good thing. Sarah is less moody and anything that contributes to that with her will stick around as habit here.
I lost some weight going GF, too. (Yes, that was also good.) It was so nice to go on our trip and be complimented on the weightloss. I saw my parents and brothers and their families back at Christmas time, so it was noticeable. I had fun telling everyone that "I weigh less than my driver's license says."

We've noticed that dairy bothers Samantha, gives her an upset stomach at night. We're trying to eat better. I've been trying to cook double at night so that we can eat the leftovers for lunch the next day. The other day, the girls were arguing about who got to eat the leftover squash - something I thought I'd never hear. (And there was plenty of squash; I even got some after they took what they wanted.) Tom is eating a wider variety of food, which is wonderful. He is still picky, but there is noticeable improvement. The only downside I've noticed with our dietary changes... we're trying to cut back on all grains in general. I need to be very sure Samantha eats enough and enough protein to last her a bit. Otherwise, she gets hungry and very grumpy. Oh! And we discovered LaraBars. Those will be going to school with the kids for snacks this year. Too bad they're not cheaper.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote