View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Ooo Update to SSDI process

[/QUOTE] I would like to hear the outcome and the timeframe if you decide to go through it.[/QUOTE]

Janke,

I wanted to update you and the others on my husband's application for social security disability. I did finally fill out the online application after gathering everything I had printed and saved from all his doctor appointments, hospitalizations and testing. It took me three days working on the application to be sure it was complete with detailed answers to the questions. I submitted the application on Sept 3rd. We dropped off all copies of everything the following week at the local SS office. We were then contacted on two separate occasions asking for some paperwork SSDI claimed they did not received. I was able to fax them since I had made copies of everything (something I learned from reading everyones help here).

October 24th we received a phone call from our local office telling us that my husband was approved for disability and we would receive the letter in the mail. I was so elated but also skeptical because I wanted to see it in writing.

This weekend we received the Notice of Award and now I believe it

I know we are one of the lucky ones although my husband's diagnosis is Dementia and is he 60 years young I can now focus completely on helping my husband as this huge worry is behind us.

Thank you again to EVERYONE for all your support and guidance.

Wheeler
Wheeler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (11-18-2013), LIT LOVE (12-12-2013), Mz Migraine (11-18-2013)