View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 09:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Felt some temporary relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Adamo,

I am glad you got medical attention. And now you know your PCP can and will help you with the Klonopin, going forward. You have more pills, for starters.

You have asked me for advice with a deadline. You have been placing yourself before deadlines up until now. I ask you: how has that been working for you?

My advice, fwiw, is as follows:

First things first. Feel better. Stay at 0.75 mg until you feel relatively ok.

At that point, contact your PCP and talk to him about the next step. I would decrease by steps of no more than 0.25 mg at a time. (As I've said before, I personally think half that would be better.)

Anyway, it sounds like your PCP is going to be of more help, realistically speaking, than the addiction expert. This is good.

Good job getting things straightened out. How are you feeling now?

waves
I took the .75 mg in the morning at ER. It took a good 90 minutes for me to calm down. I kinda of feel a bit worse now that it has worn off — I fear I have put a spike into the cold turkey process not waiting it out. Unfortunately, I was awoken at 5 AM yesterday to take my 84 year old father to the hospital with chest pains (he has pace maker). I spent 8 hours with him there and flipped out until this morning awaiting the blood tests to see if it had been a heart attacK which it turned out not to be. I think that stress turned me into such a madman that when I picked him up 24 hours later at the hospital the people there saw how bad I was shaking and moaning and wanted to check me in!

I was led to believe that if I just kept on with the cold turkey by 7-10 days I'd be better but I failed — but even the ER guy said that cutting from .75 to zero which I had only been at for 7 days is TOO EXTREME! I took .75 mg today and no more just to reinstate from last Wednesday. If I reduce .25mg at a time how long should I stay at this 1 week? 10 days?

My PCP wants to take me off using phenobarbital. Is this acceptable given my 2 months' use and the the .75 I'm on? Is it effective or dangerous?

Much obliged to you for your opinion.
Adamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-20-2013)