Old 11-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default re: Klonopin reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
My PCP said this was his way NOT prescribing more Kpin. So if I have script for 20 .5mg conceivably I could start with .75 mg for a little while go to .5 for a week, and .25 for a week, to .125, etc. Or should I just start at .5 for sleep, then to .25, then to .125, to 0?
I'm thinking that breaking 0.5's into quarters might not be the best thing at this point in the reduction, where you'd only be taking the bits of pill. I use very precise doses when I taper. Unfortunately, you don't have anyone to prescribe the 0.125 mg wafers. 0.25 decrements should be ok though, provided there's a decent amount of time between reductions.

It makes me angry when I think how easily they dish out potent drugs like Klonopin, and then refuse to help people come off them.

If you feel ok about reducing on your own, here is my non-professional suggestion:

1. Days 1-10 (start day contingent on feeling able, getting some sleep), 0.5 mg.

2. Days 11-20, 0.25 mg.

3. Day 21, stop.

This isn't a very aggressive schedule, but it is hardly conservative, either.

Some questions, based on the answers to which I might make additional suggestions or alter the above suggestion:
  1. How much Klonopin do you actually have at your disposal, total, as of now?
  2. How many days were you abstinent (0 mg)?
  3. How many doses of 0.75 mg did you do, following the abstinent period?
  4. Are you taking it all in the evening, or in divided doses at this point?
  5. How are you feeling right before it's time to take the daily dose, or if divided, right before the larger dose?

waves
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote