View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Arrow duplicate:new in this forum and seeking advice about a root canal tooth

Hi Bryanna,
I broke my upper left premolar june of this year and went to the dentist and was suggested that i either do a root canal or tooth extraction. I had not read about root canals or their complications and ended up asking for one. The root canal treatment was begun on the first visit. After i started reading about root canals and their systemic long term consequences, i changed my mind about getting the root canal treatment completed. I wanted to get it extracted. The dentist suggested that i remove the pre-molar on the right side as well, and get orthodontic treatment to fix my crooked teeth. She also suggested that i extract the bottom 2 wisdom teeth as well that were impacted, which she said might cause problems in the future.

I was referred to an dental surgeon. I ended up not going to the dental surgeon because i was not comfortable about the idea of having 4 teeth removed, 3 of which could last possibly a life time without problems. So carelessly, since the tooth was not bothering me after that treatment, i ended up not going to the dentist at all. At first i did search for a biological dentist to get the root canal tooth removed, as is adviced in dr. mercolas' article. But there is none available in the part of the world i live.

But now, 5 months after that root canal treatment was begun, that tooth has started bothering me. It began to ache when i ate from that side but then i did oil pulling with coconut oil and the pain went away, except for a dull ache at the top of the teeth, in the gum area. I finally went to see a dentist today. I said i wanted to get that tooth extracted, and she suggested the same thing. Remove the tooth on the right side as well and get braces. She said she wouldn't advice that i get an implant, and she didn't explain why.

What would you advice. My root canal treatment was only begun. The whole pulp was not cleaned out, only the top portion. Do i still need to go to an oral surgeon and ask for a complete removal of the periodontal ligament. Should i remove both upper premolars and get braces, as well as the impacted bottom ones. Or is it better that i just have the one tooth that has the root canal removed and get an implant.

May God bless you.
dash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote