View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 12:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default real scared of consequences doing this on my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
I'm thinking that breaking 0.5's into quarters might not be the best thing at this point in the reduction, where you'd only be taking the bits of pill. I use very precise doses when I taper. Unfortunately, you don't have anyone to prescribe the 0.125 mg wafers. 0.25 decrements should be ok though, provided there's a decent amount of time between reductions.

It makes me angry when I think how easily they dish out potent drugs like Klonopin, and then refuse to help people come off them.

If you feel ok about reducing on your own, here is my non-professional suggestion:

1. Days 1-10 (start day contingent on feeling able, getting some sleep), 0.5 mg.

2. Days 11-20, 0.25 mg.

3. Day 21, stop.

This isn't a very aggressive schedule, but it is hardly conservative, either.

Some questions, based on the answers to which I might make additional suggestions or alter the above suggestion:
  1. How much Klonopin do you actually have at your disposal, total, as of now?
  2. How many days were you abstinent (0 mg)?
  3. How many doses of 0.75 mg did you do, following the abstinent period?
  4. Are you taking it all in the evening, or in divided doses at this point?
  5. How are you feeling right before it's time to take the daily dose, or if divided, right before the larger dose?

waves
I have no pills except for the 20 .5mg I am getting by ER script. I took .75 for one week then stopped completely for 5 days before I took .75 yesterday at ER. Taking in the evening. By the time I got to yesterday morning I was in dire trouble and even this morning I am so nervous and agitated I am totally incapable and can't stop shaking. I slept last night but that because I had taken .75 in the ER yesterday morning and hadn't slept for the two nights before that and I mean I was so agitated and sleepless at night that it was unbearable! In the day I am extremely agitated, anxious, and shaking violently. I am terrified of this reinstatement without supervision. Will I be in deeper trouble by 20 days from now without any recourse for more pills? With no supervision will I stand a chance? Or should I instead restart with the cold turkey for another 5 days? Wouldn't that just really mess me up for a long time to come? And reinstatement after 10 days might make things worse!

Really feel as if I am in danger of destroying any chance I have of recovery. The psych originally warning me if I tried to go on any slower reduction "if I wanted to be off benzo and I would be taking Kpin for a long time." There is no way to tell if I will be in even more severe withdrawal if I go and take another 20 days of Kpin and I feel like I am looking down the barrel of a gun!

Last edited by Adamo; 11-19-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: not complete
Adamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote