View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Please do not go cold turkey again. The ER doctor saw you. He would not have given you the Klonopin if he felt you could/should ride it out. Use the pills you have at your disposal to d/c gradually. They will be enough.

I am unclear on a couple of points.

Question 1. As of right now, do you still have a total of 20 x 0.5 mg Klonopin pills?

Question 2. Yesterday you took 0.75mg in the morning at the ER, ok. Did you then take another dose in the evening? If so, how much?

----------------------

Quote:
The psych originally warning me if I tried to go on any slower reduction "if I wanted to be off benzo and I would be taking Kpin for a long time." There is no way to tell if I will be in even more severe withdrawal if I go and take another 20 days of Kpin and I feel like I am looking down the barrel of a gun!
That same doc thought you could go cold turkey from 0.75 and how did that work out?

I see her reasoning as profoundly flawed, insoftar as one does not become dependent overnight, it is a gradual process. Anyway, worrying about this stuff is only going to raise your anxiety level -- bad idea. Please, put aside the "what ifs", and go forward. You have three choices:

1) cold turkey
2) taper with 20 pills and
3) have your GP oversee you with phenobarbital

If you want to be supervised your only choice is 3). I've already stated what I feel would be safest and sanest -- the taper. Apparently the ER doc expected something like this too, or would not have given you 20 pills.

I did not think going from 0.75 to zero was a good idea, but I didn't see you and did not want to discourage you if the doctor thought it was ok. Well, this other doctor (at ER) did see you, did not think it was ok, and gave you some pills to help you out. I think what he did was sensible. You have enough to d/c safely. You might have some discomfort but it won't be nearly as bad as it has been the past few days.

The dependence is not going to worsen, as your blood levels are falling as we speak. The abstinence of 5 days has already made your levels drop off significantly.

You can look at the 0.75mg as a rescue dose in dire circumstances -- it is not a reinstatement. It will not have worsened your dependence because a single dose cannot bring your levels back up anywhere close to where they were before.

I think your best bet is to resume or "reinstate" at 0.5 mg as of tonight. If you didn't take any last night, you can take tonight's dose a little early. As of tomorrow, take it at the time you'd normally take it in the evening.

You WILL be ok!!!

waves
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-20-2013)