Thread: Need Direction
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 01:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation I can relate

I too have lost the ability to do the things I used to do including being able to work. I've had MRI's, Denervation therapy, epidurals, nerve blocks and the pain is no better with minimal relief. I'm not a candidate for surgery and have had physio with no luck. It seems unless there is nerve damage as identified by travelling pain down my legs I'm not elidgeble for back surgery. It almost seems like they want people to suffer needlessly. The important thing for your husband is to be kind and gentle with himself and never overdue any physical lifting that can aggrevate the pain. For me listening to music helps to distract me from the pain. I am also taking some very strong narcotic pain medication that does offer some relief. Maybe it would be good for your husband to visit the forum himself so he knows he's not alone. Be patient with him and his moods because I'm sure he's not himself but it's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethkira View Post
I am here for my husband who has undergone a lot of treatment with little to no relief. He is a very active 35yro who this spring began to help me loss weight by walking on a treadmill and eating better. He began to notice pain in his lower back and have it wrap around into his ribs. He saw our primary care doctor who told him to get an MRI, but before that they sent him to a Chiro, he only went once as they took an Xray went to align his spine and his back lock up, and he couldn't sit up SO then his PCD sent him to 8weeks of PT and he had no relief at all. Finally he went for an MRI and it showed T8-9 tiny extradural abnormality either bone or disc resulting in minimal recess without any neural compromise. No idea what that means, but that's what they found. So they sent him to a chronic pain management group, and they did do facet injections in three vertabrea and that gave little relief, then they did the epidural with no relief at all. Now the PCD says that there is no need for a bone scan, and that he is not a candidate to see any neurosurgeon. He is in a lot of pain everyday, he can no longer do the things that he loves most. He has gone from a very active man to someone who can barely do anything. I need to know where to go next to see if we can get an answer. The only other piece of information I have is that they did say he had more than normal amount of arthritis in that area for someone of his age.

Please help!
Modsquad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (11-19-2013)