View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Advice on a rheumatologist/neurologist who will handle autonomic dysfunction?

I am a 25-yo female with autonomic dysfunction causing POTS/NMH, gastroparesis, peripheral neuropathy...the list goes on. It appears my disease is autoimmune in nature and I was tentatively diagnosed with Autoimmune Autonomic Ganglionopathy (AAG), although I cannot find a lab that will run the antibody test to confirm.

I have a great gastroenterologist at Cornell who is really helping my GI issues and my blood pressure is reasonably well managed by Florinef and Adderall. I have been having numerous inflammation-related problems such as a worsening chronic neck injury and kidney infections (I have had 7!) due to urine retention caused by an inflamed urethra. I have achy joints/bones/muscles and have been getting terrible edema in my legs.

I am looking for a rheumatologist and/or neurologist in the New Jersey/NYC area that can manage the hybrid symptoms of autoimmune problems and autonomic dysfunction. I have yet to find one that can really deal with it or offer good treatment. Thanks for any advice you are able to give!
carrie2232 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote