View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 07:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default scs

Hi all, I am new to this site. I Had the scs perm put in November 23, 2013 near a month ago. There was a complication during the surgery. Turns out I have what they call a difficult airway, it took much longer for me to wake up. My gums swelled up from the gas, making my teeth hurt for two weeks. Oh those first two week were the worst. I had no recliner and no bed with a remote to help get me up. I had extreem pain with every move I made. I go to sit I hurt I go to get up from sitting or to get out of bed it hurt, I tried to play a video game and the movement of my thumbs caused pain to increase.

I am not at all sorry that I had the sergery, even though only part of the unit is working, it has cut my pain level down consederably in my hips and legs. I go to get tweeked this Thursday, and I hope she gets this worked out.

I really think that they should give us the software so we can do the tweeking ourselves. The rep. seemed to be in a hurry. She said my back was still swollan. I don't know what that had to do with anything, they did'nt do surgery on the lower part of my back where I need it to work. I want it to work like the trial. Its been near a month and I have been taking ibuprofen and the swelling has gone down. Still it is only partly working. The sergon said if they don't fix the problem I will have to go back to see him.

Ouch I will, but I don't want to go threw that extra surgery pain again. I am going to have a hospital bed and recliner brought in, because just maybe, my getting in and out of bed that first two weeks may have moved something. Just a thought for anyone getting ready to have this scs put in.
Also I have read so many post about the pain from the battery. Even the sergon said most people complain about the pain from the battery. That has never been a pain problem for me. Not even after the sergery. They put it just above the right hip.

PS, is anyone losing any weight with this unit???
keep smiling everyone
vbeck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-02-2014), Rrae (01-10-2014)