Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Size Does Not Dictate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbutton View Post
Hi......I have chronic pain in my neck. Finally had mri and the report showed 5 perineural cysts 2 between c6-c7 one at c7-t1 and 2 at t1-t2. I work at the hospital where I had the mri and he told me thst the largest is 1 cm. Today I went to see a neurosurgeon at a major chicago hospital. I was told that they are incidental and could not be causing my symptoms. My biggest complaint besides the constant pain is severe burning and radiating pain across my neck with arm movement. I guess my question is, does anyone know how big these cysts have to be to cause pain? I was very disappointed and frustrated with my appoinent today. He says uts just arthritis and suggested physical therapy and wants to do an emg for carpal tunnel?
I saw a chiropractor for waking up wrong on my neck. Everything was alright until she adjusted me. Within 24 hours, my neck locked and the left side of my face swelled and I was in pain. The weird part of it was that I began having pain down my arms and legs. I called them and they took me back in a couple days later. I was told that a bone was out of place and that it had to be readjusted to get it back in. I was concerned, but complied because I looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame. I wish now, that I had gone to the emergency room. After and MRI of both the top and full back, I have 3 Tarlov cysts. One in the neck, back and one on s2. The first neurologist I saw did not want to touch me when he saw the MRI. He told me not to let anyone touch the cysts. Then, he sent me on my way.

I have been going to another doctor and he felt I needed to have surgery. I am getting a third opinion soon. After doing the research I believe the chiropractor caused these. When there is trauma to the spine and spinal fluid is interrupted, they form. They are on the nerve roots which means that they do not have to be large to be symptomatic. I also have one at 1 CM on s2 and it is very symptomatic. I have most all of the symptoms on the list including bowel issues. The day before this incident happened, I had none of this. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?
SunflowerGarden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote