View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My girlfriend is going through PCS symptoms since October the 23rd of this year. Pretty much all the symptoms still exist, but its more tolerable. Cognitively there are delays...such as difficulty comprehending some things, short and long term memory loss, unable to read a digital clock, light and sound sensitivity just to name a few. Strangest symptom is how it effected her voice, she sounds very different. I live in downtown Chicago, so I can relate to all the noise and visual stimulation that can be difficult. How is your girlfriend doing now? Are you seeing progress?

I was an emotional wreck during the first 2 weeks, but slowly I had to accept it and deal with it. I think this it could be a long road ahead, but as long as she rests things are slowly improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicnirp View Post
Hi all,

I feel fortunate to have stumbled upon this forum as I've been frustrated by the lack of information that is available through our doctor. My girlfriend fainted about two weeks ago, hitting her head on a very hard wood floor. She came to after a few seconds but was unable to speak to me for a few minutes. Eventually I was able to gather her up and get her home and in bed. She was very confused and was in and out of sobbing. When I got her home she was a bit dazed, but generally with it.

Thank you!
Agent007tj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote