View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 10:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bluestone. You certainly came to the right place. I have had MG since 1998 (I was 30 years old). I was only 34 when my husband passed away in 2002 with a brain tumor. My emotions came out all over the place and the MG stayed in check.

I eventually decided to leave my job and find a new focus. It was a very wrong move. I kept everything in at the new job and that's when everything went downhill for me. MG isn't like a tap - we cannot turn it on and off at will. And if you start to slide, you may have trouble getting back up.

Ro was right. If you bottle up your emotions, your body will react. A nurse once told me that "The stress has to leave your body somehow." For some, they get a coldsore. For others, psoriasis. Some will get shingles. We have Myasthenia Gravis.

Do what you need to do to grieve. Nothing is wrong. You need to acknowledge the pain and the hurt and take comfort that thou your heart is breaking, your brother is in it, and he is part of you and who you have become.

So let out the tears and throw the pillows. Seeking counselling is also not a sign of weakness, but rather one of strength. And if one doesn't work for you - another certainly will.

I sure hope I helped in some small way.

Lydia
littlekitten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote