View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Erika there's a nasty virus going around-it starts off flu-like but is really a bad cold. The cough lasts for weeks afterwards…hope you feel better soon

My neuro told me I could take more than 80 mg of baclofen per day if needed. But he wanted my legs to be "al dente", not like a wet noodle where I wouldn't be able to walk. It was up to me.
He actually told me to take it every 2 hours so it's constantly in my system. So I did that yesterday and the spasms were much less intense. Sounds as if this continues I might wonder if I'm a candidate for a baclofen pump.

I agree with you that Doydie might have circulation problems in legs-better have that checked. When I begin exercising, my legs hurt from the spasms for about 4 minutes; then they ease up and I'm fine for the rest of the workout. The activity gives the muscles something to do besides be a bother

Pain after beginning a workout is thought to be from peripheral circulation problems…my leg blood vessels were checked when I was in the heart hospital and they passed with flying colors, as did my heart in an angiogram.

Pain can be such a bugger to figure out, especially when we have MS…some docs seem to throw the symptom into that can and not hunt for another cause. That's why we need to be educated health care consumers.

Last edited by Debbie D; 11-20-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: corrected name
Debbie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (11-21-2013), Erika (11-20-2013), ewizabeth (11-22-2013), Mariel (11-24-2013), SallyC (11-20-2013)