View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pain replaced with sensations

Could it be that pain is blocked (masked) following gamma knife surgery and medications and one is then left with sensations( crawling, toothpick, scales, etc) which are triggered by same actions that triggered pain, ie brushing teeth, eating, drinking, etc). Sensations are terrible! Seems like transmitters are still at work but rather than pain, the sensations are felt.

Quote:
I'm baaaack....had my FOURTH GK in February. Yes, 4th.

Well, this time has been different than the previous procedures. This time the GK has left me with numbness that hasn't dissipated. However, numbness I could live with, but this is like a layer of numbness over a layer of burning, wriggling, pulling, aching pain underneath. It never goes away, except when I'm asleep.

Now, here's the rub.....I have Young Onset Parkinson's Disease (Yup, BOTH prizes at the bottom of MY Cracker Jack box! ) and had a very successful bilateral DBS in 2010, however, a person can't have multiple neurostimulators.

So, I guess I have a lifetime of pain pills to look forward to....(cue the violins! )

Thanks for listening!
joyceelena is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote