View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Anniefreefriend,

I have been treated by a NUCCA chiro, a Gonstead chiro, an Activator chiro, and Palmer and Diversified trained chiros. I have been treated by 18 different chiros. Only 4 were truly able to improve my health.

I do believe the spine has great impact on health. I had strep throat that was not healing. The day they cultured by throat, I stopped by the chiro. He adjusted me at the spleen level ( a chronic problem) and I spiked a fever and broke the fever within 6 hours.

I am a believer in chiro but not a believer in chiro as the key to wellness.

Blair upper cervical is not much different from other upper cervical chiro. The NUCCA chiro still needed to treat my T4 level.

BTW, That dimple you mentioned is the occipital condyle. Mine was injured 14 years ago and has been difficult to treat.

I know a wellness chiro who was such a believe that he delivered his first born at home, never took her to be examined by a physician, and the poor little girl did not make it to her 1st birthday.

My full spine chiros that were true healers kept me in good health for over 2 decades. No illnesses that I could not heal from within a day or two except the strep throat (it took longer to heal because I delayed in seeing the chiro).

Here in Idaho, the major health plan allows $800 per insured per year in chiro benefits. Just about every chiro has a practice based on maximizing this $800. The NUCCA chiro was focused on billing as a priority over healing as the priority.

Your post reminds me of what my favorite chiro calls "Show and Sell." They dazzle you will technical details and anecdotes of miraculous improvements. You can see the same videos playing in thousands of chiro offices across the country. Blair has their video NUCCA has theirs. Atlas Orthagonal has theirs. The Palmer video is the most common.

I would struggle to continue seeing a chiro with a 5 year plan. The ligaments and tendons that support the spine only need 6 weeks of proper spinal alignment to properly support the spine. Learning good posture, sleep discipline and body mechanics are also needed for the spine to correctly strengthen.

A factor in my use of chiros over the years has been the fact that I had to pay out of pocket for almost all of my chiro treatments. This puts a higher level of critique on the cost-benefit concept. Working with chiros who respect my financial limits has given me opportunities to learn more about chiro directly from the chiro. My all time favorite chiro was chairman of Life Chiro College West and taught in seminars from coast to coast.

If I could not get a T4 treatment when needed but instead needed to wait for the upper cervical treatments to empower T4 to self-correct, I'd have been out of work and in the poor house.

So, nobody will ever convince me that upper cervical can solve the whole body's needs from a chiro perspective.

But, you are entitled to your own opinion based on your experience and information.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AeroDan (07-17-2018), Smilegrl24 (10-16-2014)