View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 11:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The thing about the stress test with adenosine is they are trying to get you tachycardic. I think they must be doing this in the hospital, right? because what they want to do is see how your heart responds to the extra demand of working so hard, and if things go wrong, there should be a cardiologist there who can give you something to stop it.

People dont like this at all, from what I hear. They find the powerful beating uncomfortable. But it shouldn't be painful. Some people, I think, get scared. They feel like they're having a panic attack--a racing heart and nothing to have caused it, like going up a treadmill. I think you've been through worse, but my guess is you'll find it unpleasant.

They did this to my friend who had a stroke a few weeks ago. They found his carotid artery was blocked, but they wouldn't operate without medical clearance. So the medical clearance consisted of the adenosin stress test. He failed it. SO then they had to decide whether to do a triple bypass before reaming out his carotid, to do both together, or what. In the end they put him on beta blockers and did the carotid. But I dont think he hated the test, just found it really weird feeling, like he was anxious.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote