View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myelogirl View Post
I was livid. I went and complained about the incompetent radiologist who misread my first two MRIs. I never even received an apology. It was because of this incompetence and my moronic neurologists inaction that I became permanently disabled. If I had been treated earlier, the damage was reversible.
On its face that sounds actionable. Professionals seldom offer apologize because in many places an apology is tantamount to an admission of guilt/wrongdoing. It's not always the individual's choice; attorneys, insurance companies, ets. often issue edicts against such.

From the image, I don't see any hardware, and the disc spacing appears (to my untrained eye) to be unremarkable.

The... whatever it is—doesn't appear the same as bone. There appear to be three shapes above the object but none below it; I don't know what they are.

Quote:
I've been offered no further testing but just been told to take Morphine which I have refused. Starting to take narcotics for undiagnosed pain and pathology is on the slippery slope to oblivian and I'm not going there yet.
Narcotics are not offered lightly. They're acknowledging your physical pain, and that's something. I won't try to sway you on this, but pain is something I know a little about from personal experience and many years involvement in/with chronic pain support groups. What I know is that pain medications can make a huge difference in quality of life when taken/used responsibly, and bonafide pain patients seldom run into the problems abusers do.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote