View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 01:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 1week after RFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpette View Post
Yesterday I had a 5level lumbar facet nerve ablation. All 5 were on the right side. I have had this procedure 3 times under "twilight" but was awake for this one. The first 4 levels went well but the Dr. had trouble placing the needles positioned for the last one due to my spine being rotated as well as twisted. After completion and it was more painful than being under. I am home and on ice. Today I am in quite a bit of pain. I think I feel better..try to do something then fade fast.
I have not had the problem with frequent urination mentioned above and would advise you to call Dr on that for their opinion.
Just wanted to ask how long the needle pain lasts. Usually by day 3_4 I am better.Trying to hang in there. Been fighting this back over 12 years with every tool offered. Thanks for your posts as it helps to hear from other ppl who are going through this too.
I felt really sore for a couple of days after surgery. Then great for 2days due to long lasting local anaesthesia. As of day 5through 7..today..just surgery pain inside. My normal back pain seems much improved already but still just bruised inside. This is normal from everyone I have spoken to and is supposed to lesson in another week to 10 days. After having 5levels done wide awake with local given after nerve test and tap was complete. I was able to give the Dr. feedback that we were not on a nerve that shot pain down my leg. I think I got a better burn because of being awake and aware of needle placement. Will check in and let you know when pain lessons. Ice has been great where I usually love the heat.
scorpette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote