View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 02:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote from Junk: However, the soma is short term as is the vicodins - (does anyone know how long soma should last?):endQuote

There is a big difference in what happens to a man versus a woman in Soma (as with most drugs). Men reach peak concentrations of Soma in 2.5 hours, while women reach peak in 1.45 hours. (yes, I know exactly how this all sounds, lol )

It is supposed to last for 4-6 hours, but for women it lasts less time than for men. You can easily check for yourself, though, which I'd recommend. Sometimes misinformation can get you in trouble. Just go to some rx list and look under "Clinical Pharmacology" for whatever drug you are curious about. It can be rather hard to read, but this info is for the Dr.s, not the patients. It is much more detailed.. and a bit scarier too. Dr.s don't tell patients all the potential side effects and interactions between drugs.

On a personal note, I'd like to add: please be careful! I lost a good friend to Soma addiction. No, she didn't die, I just couldn't stay and watch her disintegrate anymore... she wouldn't accept that she had a problem, even though she had begun crossing the border (we were in San Diego) to buy them illegally in Mexico.

Some drugs are easier to become addicted to than others, and Soma is high up on the list. If this is something you worry about, ask your Dr. There may be better alternatives for you.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote